Option 1: Build Your Own Portfolio
- Recommended for investors with knowledge and experience.
- Will require periodic “rebalancing” of assets to reduce risk.
- Not professionally managed.
Option 2: Target Date Funds
- Recommended for inexperienced and “hands off” investors.
- Pre-built funds that correspond with your projected retirement.
- No “rebalancing” required -- invest and forget.
- Professionally managed.
- Just select the fund that corresponds with your projected retirement, e.g. “Target Date 2045” or “Retirement 2045”